It’s not often you hear from a keynote speaker who shares the real and raw trials and tribulations of their early life. Especially one as open as JeVon “JT” McCormick.
As he puts it — he never should have succeeded. But even born into a life where the world was poised against him… he did succeed.
Now, JeVon shares his story and the lessons he learned to help others succeed.
Having endured racism, abuse, living on welfare in the slums of Dayton, Ohio, his drug-dealing pimp father, multiple stints in the juvenile justice system, and more — JeVon still managed to hustle and work his way up from scrubbing toilets all the way to President of two multimillion-dollar companies.
How he got there, though, is something you have to hear from him yourself.
Jevon’s story is so unique and powerful, it’s almost impossible to express it simply in words on a page. You’ll want to experience this story live and in-person at the Crisp Game Changers Summit 3 in Atlanta this November 5-6 to reap the real benefits.
“I’m not a drug dealer. I’m not a rapper. I’m not an athlete. But I am very successful.
That’s not how you’re supposed to open a speech if you’re a successful businessman. Especially if you’re a successful minority businessman in America.
But I’m no ordinary businessman, this was no ordinary speech, and I’ve had no ordinary life.”
Who is JeVon McCormick?
JeVon McCormick is the President and CEO of Scribe Media. To say he had a difficult childhood would be an understatement. He has a unique perspective on adversity. Despite the unimaginably challenging circumstances in which he grew up, he has established himself in the entrepreneurial world and become an inspirational leader to many.
So, how did he go from his first job — cleaning toilets at Po’ Folks Restaurant — to serving as the President and CEO of multiple high-growth startups and winning Entrepreneur Magazine’s award for creating the #1 Company Culture in America?
JeVon’s message for leaders: “I didn’t succeed despite my upbringing; I succeeded because of it.”
Now, as a successful author, public speaker, and entrepreneur, he shares his story with huge crowds of some of the most influential and successful people in the world.
For a look into JeVon’s expertise, check out the episode of The Game Changing Attorney Podcast in which he sits down with Crisp Founder & CEO Michael Mogill. In this episode, you’ll hear details of his unbelievable story directly from him — and the triumphs and setbacks he experienced along the way.
What JeVon McCormick Will Bring to the Game Changers Summit
As leaders, we all face a level of adversity as we strive for our goals. However, with a little perspective, that adversity won’t hold us back — it will drive us forward.
At the Crisp Game Changers Summit in Atlanta this November 5-6, he’ll share some of his most important takeaways from his rise to the top. Don’t miss your chance to experience JeVon’s take on:
- How you can leverage adversity for growth and development into the person you’re meant to be.
- How you can work through personal and professional challenges to come out on top.
- Why refusing to relinquish your power to external circumstances is vital.
- How choosing empowerment instead of a victimhood mentality can lead to an extraordinary life.
Jevon’s story of ascension against the odds is a masterclass in the power of a mind focused on changing its circumstances. You won’t want to miss a single second of it.
About the Crisp Game Changers Summit
There’s a difference between running a steady business and feeling complacent with your results… and being hungry enough to dominate your market and never settle for less.
Which one are you?
On November 5-6, 2021, over 2,000 of the nation’s most ambitious attorneys will come together in Atlanta, GA for the legal event of the year. They’ll gain:
- Actionable insights to grow their law firms
- Unforgettable connections with the top leaders in the industry
- The next-level experience you’ve come to expect from Crisp events
Fried is in good company, joined by other Game Changing speakers including:
- Crisp Founder & CEO, best-selling author, and host of The Game Changing Attorney Podcast Michael Mogill
- The first-ever Women Legal Leaders Panel led by growth hacker and Head of Coaching Strategy at Crisp Jessica Mogill
- Trainer to the world’s top athletes Tim Grover
- Workplace drama expert, leadership & team culture consultant, and best-selling author Cy Wakeman
- Journalist, best-selling author, and speaker Malcolm Gladwell
- Social media guru, best-selling author, and serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk
- Author, teacher, pastor, and highly-accomplished lawyer Mark Lanier
- Legendary trucking attorney and Managing Partner of Fried Goldberg Joe Fried
If you’re an attorney who is engaged in the business of your law firm and wants to grow as a visionary leader, empower your team, and get your firm to the next level…then the Crisp Game Changers Summit is YOUR event.
We’ll see you November 5-6 in Atlanta.