A great law firm owner should be someone relentlessly dedicated to being a positive leader — someone who is accomplished, successful, and of high moral stature. But what exactly does that mean? Can a person be all of those things together?
According to Malcolm Gladwell, author and general observer of humanity and society, we have a somewhat skewed definition of successful leadership and accomplishment that may be keeping our businesses from growing.
To dive deeper into the subject and unearth hidden gems of game changing knowledge, Gladwell will be taking the stage as a featured speaker at the Crisp Game Changers Summit in Atlanta on November 5-6, 2021.
Who Is Malcolm Gladwell?
Gladwell is a British-Canadian writer and entrepreneur who currently writes for The New Yorker. He concentrates heavily on the social sciences but can write knowledgeably about almost any subject you can imagine. Five of his novels are New York Times Best Sellers, and he recently won The National Magazine Award for “The Pitchman,” a biographical article he wrote about marketing legend Ron Popeil.
Gladwell is the co-founder of Pushkin Industries, a podcast and audio content firm that produces his shows, Revisionist History and Broken Record. He has been put on the TIME 100 Most Influential People List and is a Top Global Thinker for Foreign Policy.
His writing and his podcasts all incorporate his unique style of storytelling, relating current or historical events and people to happenings within his personal life, making Gladwell’s work very approachable, relatable, and inspiring.
Books and Publications
- Talking To Strangers: What Should We Know About the People We Don’t Know — an analysis of why our interactions with strangers can sometimes go wrong.
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants — an explanation on how success, motivation, and our response to adversity affects our daily lives.
- What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures — a collection of his best New Yorker articles.
- Outliers: The Story of Success — an analysis of why successful people are successful, and what we can do to get there.
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking — a redefinition of the way we understand and interpret leadership and decision-making.
- The Tipping Point: How the Little Things Can Make a Big Difference — an analysis of viral trends, such as in business, marketing, and human behavior.
Gladwell has written over 200 articles for The New Yorker, with titles such as “The Ordinary Greatness of Roger Bannister,” “How School Shootings Spread,” and “What Social Scientists Learned from Katrina,” just to name a few.
Gladwell’s work often deals with unexpected implications of social science research and ties together concepts of sociology, psychology, and social psychology to reveal ways to become a successful individual and improve society overall. His decades of influential writing have helped popularize such noteworthy concepts as:
- The 10,000 Hour Rule: 20 hours of practice a week for 10 years will make your successful in any given field.
- The Broken-Window Theory: Visible signs of crime and decay create an environment that encourages further crime.
- The Talent Myth: Companies tend to disproportionately reward “stars” over other employees and should reward experience above all else.
What Malcolm Gladwell Will Bring to the Game Changers Summit 3
Malcolm Gladwell will be joining us at the Game Changers Summit 3 to share his vast wealth of knowledge and how it can be applied to our mission of growing law firms and becoming the absolute best that we can be.
This is a man who has discovered what makes a person successful and has insightful wisdom that can be leveraged to grow your organization. His goal is to show you, through his entertaining and humorous storytelling, how you can become more successful in both business and your daily life by making small changes that may seem insignificant, but have the potential for massive impact. Gladwell believes that we all make small mistakes without understanding their hidden repercussions. These are behaviors that can be easy to modify, and Gladwell is ready to share his never-before-seen tips, strategies, and theories with the game changing attorneys in attendance.
Gladwell has surefire strategies to help you stand out from the crowd and increase your level of success — but he’ll only be sharing them with the ambitious law firm owners at the Game Changers Summit.
About the Crisp Game Changers Summit 3
Being a lawyer is hard enough.
Law school doesn’t teach you how to be an entrepreneur. But that’s exactly what you are as a law firm owner.
That’s why over 2,000 of the nation’s most ambitious attorneys are coming to Atlanta, GA on November 5-6, 2021 to gain:
- Actionable Insights
- Unforgettable Connections
- A Next-Level Experience
Malcolm Gladwell will be joining this list of our current confirmed speakers:
- Crisp Founder & CEO, best-selling author, and host of The Game Changing Attorney Podcast Michael Mogill
- Trainer to the world’s top athletes Tim Grover
- Workplace drama expert, leadership & team culture consultant, and best-selling author Cy Wakeman
- Social media guru, best-selling author, and serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk
If you’re an attorney who is engaged in the business of your law firm and wants to grow as a visionary leader, empower your team, and get your firm to the next level…then the Crisp Game Changers Summit is YOUR event.