As promised, here are your two weekly video marketing tips and tricks to help you attract new clients and grow your business. We’ll cut right to the chase. This week’s tips cover video marketing strategies that focus on YouTube search engine optimization (SEO) and maximizing your video content’s effect on your website.
Tip 1: Optimizing YouTube Titles, Tags, Descriptions, and Thumbnails
Include targeted keywords in video content titles, tags, and descriptions to rank higher for key terms that relate to your practice.
- Example Title:
Seattle DUI Lawyer | Your Firm Name | 555-333-2211
- Example Description:
“http://www.yourwebsite.com Your Firm Name has been working in DUI law in Seattle for…”
- Example Tags:
Seattle DUI Lawyer, Seattle DUI Help, Seattle DUI Attorney, DUI Seattle, etc.
Upload custom thumbnails for your video content on YouTube to increase play rate and drive engagement.
- Emphasize bright, high-contrast photos that focus on people’s faces. These thumbnails generally perform the best.
- As per Google recommendations, your thumbnails should:
- Have a resolution of 1280×720 (with a minimum width of 640 pixels)
- Be in .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG format-
- Remain under the 2 MB limit
- Use a 16:9 aspect ratio, as it’s the most used in YouTube players and previews
Tip 2: Incorporating Video Content on Your Homepage
Add high-quality video content above the fold (the portion of a webpage that is visible without scrolling) on your website’s homepage. This can:
- Increase your probability of ranking on Google’s first page by 53x
- Increase visitor time on site by 2 additional minutes
- Encourage the highest play rate possible. Studies by Wistia have shown that play rate above the fold hovers around 56% and steadily drops to as low as 18% when video content is moved further down the page
Use Schema Markup to tag video content and rank higher in search engines.
- Schema Markup provides Google with details about your video content such as the length, title, location on the web, and more to increase organic search rankings.
The best cases go to the best marketers. Discover the Crisp difference today.
If you’re ready to see what video can do for your practice, click here to schedule your free video marketing strategy call.